02 October 2007

Phew... I survived the Flu Clinic!!

I was on reception today at the surgery... lots of staff shortages, still, and our newest receptionist on holiday for 4 weeks!! eek! So, a lot of Laura and I covering reception (we are the new admin gals... er... actually it isn't official for Laura yet... oh, cripes I hope I haven't jinxed her... especially as that would be like jinxing myself... NOT GOOD!). Others are helping out too, but we (esp Laura) are doing the bulk of it. Today, I was on, on my own, from 2pm, and at 2.10pm I realised Laura had left me with no instructions on how to 'do' the 'frantic flu clinic'. *Gulp* So I sneakily sent her a text saying 'help!!'. About 20mins later I got a call which basically said

'right you do this, then that, and if that hasn't been done you need to do the other, unless of course you're doing whatsit. OK? Right bye.'
:-(

I felt a bit miffed.

However, when I started looking for the said stuff and starting doing the thing, it became clearer, and I managed to cope through it with only one minor mistake.

To explain a little further; The clinic is full-on 30+ people arriving and leaving for 2hrs. It finishes at 5pm. At 5.10pm I got a phone call from Laura apologising for her less than sympathetically helpful earlier call. She only JUST got my text and the earlier call was off her own bat and on the understanding I had done it all before... We giggled.

Ok, it was funny to us.

We have a practice manager, yeehar! Well, almost. They haven't officially started yet, but they were offered the job last night. THAT is going to make a big difference and get us another step closer to normality at work. It's only taken 6 months!!! Hey, that's nothing, it will nearly be a year before our full time receptionist will have been replaced.

The other good news is that I will be getting 2 days off in the school holidays... doesn't sound like much (and to be fair it isn't), but considering that up until last week I wasn't getting ANY days off, I feel really chuffed.

We better use them wisely.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: